10 Tips To Build Self Worth & Free Starburts Printable
There are some points in life where all we can think is “Damn, this can’t be life!”. We start comparing ourselves to others and gradually we forget who we are and what we deserve. We seek approval in order to feel good enough. We start taking in all the negative energy and the opinions of others. And suddenly we realize we no longer feel worthy. Once that feeling sinks in, life feels harder. That’s where you should stop. That’s the point where you should realize that you are doing something wrong.Here are some ways to gain back self-empowerment and worth.
1. Change your diet. Eat foods that make you feel good. Have you ever noticed how bad you feel after an unhealthy meal? Nourish your body. Eat healthily even when in a rush. A healthy body leads to a healthy mind.
2. Change your surroundings. Go out, spend time in nature. Surround yourself with the energy you want to attract. Breathe some fresh air. Get out of your room. Go for a walk. You’ll feel the difference immediately.
3. Know yourself, know your worth. What’s your price? We tend to sell ourselves short. We don’t realize how precious is our time. That an hour wasted is an hour we are never going to get back. Place value on yourself and be more conscious on how you spend your time and with whom.
“It is only when we truly know and understand that we have limited time on Earth and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up that we begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it were the only one we had.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
4. Be humble…. but not too much. Be confident. Be grateful but don’t ever dare let yourself feel you don’t deserve more. That you have to be humble and not chase more.
5. Start writing a list of everything you’ve done today that you’re proud of. Everything you’ve managed to achieve till this day. Here’s the tricky part. What we focus on, grows. You have to start focusing on the best parts of yourself because what happens when you don’t feel good about who you are is that you start to focus on all the bad things and therefore you create more of that.
6. Stop reliving the past. You no longer live there. Move on. Take every mistake you might have made as a lesson. Turn every painful past event into a source of strength, because baby you’ve made it this far.
7. Imagine you are running in a marathon. What will happen if you are unfocused? If all you can think is how fast the one in front of you is running? Well for sure you won’t win… when you crave the life of others you stop living yours. To build self-worth you have to stay focused on what you are doing. To create your unique self. One who is irreplaceable and cannot be competed.
8. Every single day we are trying to win approval, love and respect. But the thing is that you have to start developing it yourself. You will never earn the respect of others if you act in ways that cause you to lose respect for yourself. Stick with who you are and what you want even if people are going against you.
9. Start placing value on yourself by surrounding yourself with the energy you aspire to embody. You don’t have to be alone, but you for sure should not surround yourself with people who only give you bad vibes and don’t let you grow in the direction you desire.
10. Act in order to please yourself, rather than to impress others.
You deserve to be here. You deserve to be loved. You deserve to live a beautiful life. you deserve to smile. but you first have to love yourself. Because a lack of self-love is the root of all suffering.
Take care and don’t ever let yourself feel limited. You are limitless. You can achieve anything you ever wanted. You just have to believe in yourself. To cultivate yourself. To invest in yourself. Only when you realize how worthy you are, will your life get better.